Re: fileparts.m in octave (mingw and msvc)

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: fileparts.m in octave (mingw and msvc)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:52:03 +0900 (JST)

Hello Michael

Thank you for your reply

--- Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:

> I started to work on that problem 2 months ago and committed the
> first half on the development branch,
> see http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/135c0e7d7802
>
> I thought I also did the other half (on fileparts.m), but apparently I
> didn't. Given the date of the first commit, it's probably because I
> started my new job the day after...
>
> If anyone wants to do, please do so. What's needed in fileparts.m
> is using some sort of "find_first_of" implementation instead of
> "rindex", and to retrieve all file separators using "filesep('all')"
>
> Michael.

OK. I agree with you.
However, implementation of "filesep('all')" can not be done soon.

SO my patch is not necessarily to be adapted in Octave-3.0.4.
My patch for fileparts.m can be done the user level because it is .m file.

I think it is enough the patch to remain as a ML archive for octave maintainer
list.

Hi, Benjamin and Jaroslav Hajek
Any comments to my mails and Michael's one ?

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/