Re: fsolve test failure

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: fsolve test failure
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 16:34:24 -0500

On 30-Jan-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| Actually, I often make use of the structure returned by Matlab's
| optimset ... but only because I forget the name of the fields I need
| to set.
|
| Not much of a compatibility issue, but I find it useful.

I think the current version we have will print the list of all
possible options when called with no input or output arguments, so you
can still see the list.  But it would probably be better to use
something like

  fsolve ("defaults")

to look for the options that apply to the specific function you want
to use since not all the options are handled by all the optimization
functions.