Re: gl-render.cc: framework OpenGL on MacOSX

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: gl-render.cc: framework OpenGL on MacOSX
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 09:50:02 +0100

Ben Abbott schrieb:

I don't get those errors, and my config.log has

#define HAVE_OPENGL_GL_H 1
#define HAVE_OPENGL_GLU_H 1
#define HAVE_OPENGL 1

The configure options used (from config.log) are below

./configure --prefix=/sw FLIBS=/sw/lib/gcc4.3/lib/libgfortran.dylib F77=/sw/bin/gfortran --infodir=${prefix}/s hare/info --mandir=${prefix}/share/man --libexecdir=${prefix}/lib -enable-shared -enable-dl --disable-static --wit hout-mpi --with-hdf5 --with-fftw CPPFLAGS=-g -I/sw/include -FOpenGL -I/sw/include/freetype2 FFLAGS=-g -ff2c LDFLA GS=-L/sw/lib/fltk-aqua/lib -L/sw/lib -lfltk_gl -framework AGL -framework OpenGL -lfltk -lpthread -framework Carbon --with-lapack=-Wl,-framework,Accelerate,-dylib_file,/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Fr ameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libLAPACK.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Fr ameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libLAPACK.dylib --with-blas=-Wl,-framework,Accelerate,-dylib_file,/System/Lib rary/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib:/System/Libra ry/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib

Hi Ben,

can you please run this and send the output back. I expect we also have a API change between 10.4.11 and 10.5.x:

bash$ grep -re "gluTessCallback" \
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/Current/Headers/glu.h

and this one please

bash$ grep -re "glGetIntegerv" \
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/Current/Headers/gl.h

Although I don't get errors, the new backend isn't functional for me either.

That is not quite correct. It does work very well - what does not work is resizing the figure window and therefore the callback if the figure window should be resized. I spent some time some while ago to find out what is going wrong, but I've not been successful - maybe somebody else on a Mac can have a look at this (but I still expect it has nothing to do with the sources Octave - I expect the problem is in the sources of fltk).

Meanwhile you can change the function "default_size" in src/DLD-functions/fltk_backend.cc to this:

  void default_size (int& x, int& y, int& w, int& h)
  {
    x = 0;
    y = 0;
    w = 560;
    h = 440;
  }

then your drawings should be good (mouse resizing window still without functionality). Am I right or wrong?

Best regards,

  Thomas