Re: HTML function reference

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: HTML function reference
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 18:07:53 +0100

Soren Hauberg wrote:
Hi Octave-Forgers (CC: maintainers list)

I've updated my package for generating HTML files from help texts. The
source is available at

http://hauberg.org/generate_html

The code requires a checkout of Octave that includes the
reimplementation of the help system as m-files. Using the package I've
generated HTML files for the Octave manual, and the 'image' and
'statistics' packages (these were the ones I happened to have
installed). See

http://hauberg.org/manual/chapter/preface.html

This is basically how I imagine the function reference will look in the
future. Some parts of it aren't as nice as the current function
reference, but I wanted to make it as easy as possible to release
packages independently (this meant I had to kill the alphabetical list
of functions, which is a shame).

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Soren

P.S. I'm CC'ing the maintainers list as I think we should have an
improved online manual at www.octave.org. The code in my package should
be able to provide this.

I'm not sure I like the way the manual is displayed as one of the side menus of the function reference. Sure have a side menu for the manual on the web site, but a different one from the function reference and then readd the alphabetical tab to the side menu. Also menu you select an item from the packages tab of the side mene, the tab shouldn't change back to the manual tab..

Cheers
David

35 rue Gambetta                              +33 1 46 04 02 18 (Home)
92100 Boulogne-Billancourt FRANCE            +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob)