Re: plot demo changes (was: trouble with plotyy)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: plot demo changes (was: trouble with plotyy)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:20:56 -0500

On Feb 17, 2009, at 9:14 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

On Feb 17, 2009, at 12:02 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 16-Feb-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| On Mac OSX, and using Aquaterm, "rundemos plot" eventually fills my
| screen with windows. I much prefer the way x11 works (i.e. close(hfig) | actually closes the window, with aquaterm it remains visible, but not
| longer connected to gnuplot/octave).
|
| To relieve my minor frustration I greped the plot directory for files
| containing "%! close" and them replace "close" or "close all" with
| "clf".

ok, now that plotyy is working, my changeset is attached.

The short story is; I've removed "close"/"close all" from the plot demos, added "colormap(jet}" to a few demos (prior ones switched the colormap, changed a non-functional demo (contourc) to a test, and added a demo to surfnorm.

With these in place, "rundemos plot" produces the same experience for me on x11 and aqua.

If there are no objections, I'll push these changes tomorrow.

Ben