Re: I would like to collaborate

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: I would like to collaborate
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 16:51:10 +0100

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Alfredo Esteban <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Alfredo Esteban de la Torre. I would like to collaborate on
> the octave project. I have a degree in mathematics and a master in
> Operating Research. I have experience in software development
> (C,C++,Java) and matlab also.
>
> For example, I could help with linear programming. I found "Support
> for lp_solve for linear programming problems" in the list of things to
> do (http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/projects.html).
>
> Could I have an explantion of what I would have to do? I know lpsolve
> library and lp_solve command but apparently there is already a driver
> to use it from octave:
>
> http://lpsolve.sourceforge.net/5.1/Octave.htm
>
> And there is already glpk command in octave.
>
> In short, I only need some guide lines to start to collaborate.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Alfredo

Btw, right now, a major release is coming soon, so we're in a sort of
bug-fixing state (and discussing what's a bug and what isn't :)
There'll be plenty of room for new projects afterwards. I can share
some of my plans if you're interested.I think a good way to start is
to find something you'd wish to improve, then discuss that on the
mailing list. That's how I started anyway.

Another great way to help Octave is to write high quality packages for
OctaveForge.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert