Re: [changeset] print.m (matlab compatibility)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [changeset] print.m (matlab compatibility)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 00:02:02 -0400

On 10-Mar-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| Does the attached find a font that works with the png terminal on our
| system?

No.  But is it something we can fix in Octave?  I think it is just
that gnuplot on my system doesn't know where to find fonts.  I can
probably work around it by setting GDFONTPATH, but should every user
have to do that?  Especially on systems like Debian where there are
packages.  OTOH, running gnuplot and generating a png file with some
labels works when I don't explicitly set any font.  So if Octave's
default font is "*", can we just skip passing a font name to gnuplot?
Will that work?