Re: GSoC project: new graphics backend

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: GSoC project: new graphics backend
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:49:46 -0400 (EDT)

   P.S. I've tried OpenGL renderer on a laptop with integrated SIS
   video chip, and it was terrible...

Was the performance terrible, or the quality of the image?

I don't quite understand that because the Mesa OpenGL software
renderer's performance is so-so rather than terrible, unless you are
using really high resolution which should not be the case on a laptop.

It's possible that you used a pessimizing OpenGL renderer; what was
your software environment (OS, GL drivers)?