Re: Example plot in Manual lacks text

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Example plot in Manual lacks text
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 13:06:56 -0400

On Tuesday, April 07, 2009, at 12:33PM, "Michael D. Godfrey" <address@hidden>
wrote:
>> When I tried to do this the output from "set terminal;" displays to
>> the command line (skips the pipe).
>>
>> I assume this is why the gnuplot developers added the GPVAL_TERMINALS
>> variable.
>>
>> Is there still a compelling need to do this? ... if so any ideas how
>> to proceed?
>There should be a clean way of running gnuplot within Octave to get the
>set terminal output,
>but I have not figured it out.
>
>Do you have another way of getting the correct terminal list?  For now,
>it would be OK
>to just correct the list for gnuplot 4.2.3 to not include pdf.

I'd prefer to determine if the desired device is supported by the local
gnuplot, and if not try "convert".

In the event we cannot determine if gnuplot supports a devices (pdf in this
instance) I think we need to be certain that "convert" does, and that convert
present, before making this change.

How can we determine if "convert.exe" exists for Windows?

Ben