Re: invalid conversion from string to complex N-d array

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: invalid conversion from string to complex N-d array
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:10:46 +0200

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:13 AM, Judd Storrs <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm working on getting the Matlab NIFTI libraries from niftilib.sf.net
> running under octave. I've been able to isolate a bug as a difference
> between octave (both 3.0.1 and 3.1.55) and matlab:
>
> octave:1> [ '' 65*ones(1,10) ]
> error: invalid conversion from string to complex N-d array
> octave:1> [ 65*ones(1,10) '' ]
> error: invalid conversion from string to complex N-d array
>
> But in matlab these succeed:
>
>>> [ '' 65*ones(1,10) ]
>
> ans =
>
> AAAAAAAAAA
>
>>> [ 65*ones(1,10) '' ]
>
> ans =
>
> AAAAAAAAAA
>

> --judd

I checked in the following patch fixing behavior with zero-by-zero matrices:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/53364bb317d4
and this one allowing range->string conversion:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/a48c500e48e1

I think this was, in total, the right thing to do, but I can't check
with Matlab now. In any case everything seems working.

thanks for the report

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer