Fwd: [Savannah-help-public] multiple hg repos?

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Fwd: [Savannah-help-public] multiple hg repos?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 13:35:39 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Aleix Conchillo FlaquƩ <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] multiple hg repos?
To: Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
Cc: Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden>, address@hidden

Sylvain Beucler wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 08:04:48AM +0200, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
>>
>> hello,
>>
>> I'm one of the developers of the GNU Octave project, hosted on
>> Savannah. We have been recently heavily discussing future development
>> strategy of Octave and have come to the problem of hosting multiple
>> mercurial repositories on Savannah. Is it possible? What needs to be
>> done? We need a secondary "stable" repository. We have also considered
>> just using branches, but these don't solve the problem well (can't do
>> unsymmetric merges).
>>
>> regards
>>
>> --
>> RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
>> computing expert & GNU Octave developer
>> Aeronautical Research and Test Institute (VZLU)
>> Prague, Czech Republic
>> url: www.highegg.matfyz.cz
>
> Hi,
>
> It seems to me that we envisionned sub-repositories when setting up
> mercurial support through the following layout:
>
> /srv/hg/octave/.hg # Main
> /srv/hg/octave/subrepo1/.hg
> /srv/hg/octave/subrepo2/.hg
>
> Aleix, can you confirm? :)

Hi,

yes, that was the initial idea, but as no one needed at that time and,
sincerely, I did not have much more time to work on it we just left it
for the future.

I am quite busy until end of june, so until then I think, if Sylvain
agrees, that we can do it by hand, at least for GNU Octave. I have
tested it with a project of mine and works fine.

What do you think?

Aleix