Re: MinGW build of 3.2.0: shared libstdc++

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: MinGW build of 3.2.0: shared libstdc++
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 19:30:13 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Benjamin Lindner  wrote:

> True, I have a local changeset using the CXXLIBS flag. I hestitated to
> submit it yet because obviously shared libstd++ on mingw is considered a
> bit of a hack, and newer ports of TDM's gcc no longer include it, with a
> remark of "problems". I haven't figured out what these "problems" are
> though, and the octave builds work fine with it.

If one would not care about of size, it can be used sever optimized option '-O3
-fomoit-frame-pointer'
by GCC-4.3.3 which gives 20-30% faster octave.  The modification should not
reject the GCC-4.3.3
building.

If the patch does not affect on GCC-4.3.3 building, I do not against the Alex's
proposal.

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/