Re: does anyone have a non-postscript printer?

From: Robert T. Short
Subject: Re: does anyone have a non-postscript printer?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:36:19 -0700

Ben, I have a couple of printers. I can't find them in the ghostscript list so they probably aren't useful, but just in case

HP Digital Copier 410 (Inkjet, USB interface)

Dell 922 All In One POC (Inkjet, USB interface)

Both are loaded with letter size paper.

I also have an old HP LaserJet 4000N with both Postscript and PCL.

Bob

Ben Abbott wrote:
I've been working on improvements to Octave's print command. The last feature I need to test is printing to non-postscript printers. Unfortunately, I don't have one.

If someone does have a non-postscript printer and is inclined to do some tests for me, I'd like to produce a raw file for it (assuming it is supported by ghostscript) and see if it prints correctly.

All I need to know is (1) the ghostscript device name, and (2) the page size (usletter, or a4).

Ben