Re: release 3.2.1

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: release 3.2.1
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 10:42:20 +0200

fre, 10 07 2009 kl. 15:06 -0700, skrev Robert T. Short:
> So are you suggesting that we don't have a stable branch?  I guess
> that is one way!  It certainly works for the developer community but
> not for the general user community.  Is it not a goal to provide a
> solid package for non-developer users?

Not quite what I meant. Right now we have two branches:

  * The 3.2.x stable branch. This is the one most users are on.
  * The 3.3.x development branch. This is the one developers are mostly
    using; it's the 'fun' branch.

Some time before 3.4.0 is to be released then we will have the following
branches (assuming we use the same approach as we do now)

  * The 3.2.x stable branch.
  * The 3.4.0-beta branch, where only bog fixes are allowed.
  * The 3.5.x development branch, where the fun stuff happens.

My suggestion was not to make the 3.5.x branch. This will probably slow
down development somewhat, but it will ensure that people on the
development branch serves as beta testers. This was essentially how
things were done before the switch to Mercurial.

Soren