Re: linking liboctave fails

From: Rik
Subject: Re: linking liboctave fails
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:44:32 -0700

8/20/09

Yet more issues with the configuration files and building.  I don't have
the development package for libcurl.  This is fine and the configuration
scripts give me the following message:
configure: WARNING: cURL library not found.  The urlread and urlwrite
functions will be disabled.

That is indeed what used to happen but now the build process ignores the
configure script and attempts to build urlwrite anyways which results in:

g++ -shared -o urlwrite.oct pic/urlwrite.o -Wl,-rpath
-Wl,/home/rik/downloads/movies/local/lib/octave-3.1.55 -L. -loctinterp
-L../liboctave -loctave -L../libcruft -lcruft  -lcurl
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [urlwrite.oct] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rik/wip/Projects_Mine/octave-dev/src'

I hope someone can restore the correct build behavior.

Cheers,
Rik