Re: 3.2.3 RC2

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: 3.2.3 RC2
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 07:49:40 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Yesterday I have reported the problem 3.2.3RC1 soon after 3.2.3 RC2 was
released.
However it is time I have to come home so that I have kept my computer on for
building new binaries
from the source 3.2.3RC2.  Now I have just come here and check results.
However, the mouse zoom
problem still occur.

Unfortunately I will be occupied by important matter of the university, my work
for this issue will be
delayed.

BTW make check results were the same as those on 3.2.3RC1.

Regards

Tatsuro

--- Benjamin Lindner wrote:

> Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
> > hi all,
> >
> > the 3.2.3 RC2 tarballs are available:
> > http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~hajej2am/ulozna/octave/
>
> Builds fine using mingw32 TDM-gcc-4.3.0-3.
> Make check shows the already known failures.
>
> However, as Tatsuro already pointed out, gnuplot does no longer allow
> interaction with either keyboard (e.g. grid on/of) or mouse (e.g.
> zooming). I tested this with the 2009-july-08 development binaries and a
> local build from the CVS snapshot of the same date.
>
> This is quite a serious regression as it renders the gnuplot backend
> practically useless.
>
> Going back to rev 9415, i.e.
> changeset:   9415:f0538a1bb518
> tag:         qparent
> user:        John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
> date:        Tue Aug 25 10:26:01 2009 +0200
> summary:     __magick_read__.cc: undo unintended change
>
> does not solve the problem.
>
> Going back to rev 9413 neither.
> I begin to wonder if it worked with the rc1. Unfortunately I haven't
> checked then.
>
> This will require more debugging.
>
> Tatsuro do you have any news?
>
> benjamin

Thanks 10 years!  Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ec10years/