Re: R: 3.2.3 RC4

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: R: 3.2.3 RC4
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 06:40:36 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Marco Atzeri <address@hidden> wrote:
> The gnuplot mouse zooming is not working
>
> $ gnuplot --version
> gnuplot 4.2 patchlevel 4
>
> but I presume is a gnuplot issue more than an octave
> one. I am not really familiar with the issue.

The main purpose of the patch by Ben is for kick out flicking plot issue.

If you execute the script like the below on the octave-3.2.2

for n=1:10
 plot(1;n);
 drawnow;
end

The plots will suffer ftom flicking.

This is fixed 3.2.3-RC1 for x11.
I noticed this issue not fixed for windows amd wxt termninals and the patch by
Ben should be applied
to windows and wxt terminal.  That is main point of this issue.

The mouse zooming of 2D plot for the data from pipe can be possible the gnuplot
ver. 4.3 (cvs) which
is newer than 2007 August.  On the gnuplot 4.2, the mouse zoom on 2d plot is
not possibble.

This is mentioned in the OctaveForWindowsWiki at cygwin version being described.

Please see
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForWindows

I provide that gnuplot ver. 4.3 (cvs) for both cygwin-1.5 and cygwin-1.7 on my
web site.

Regards

Tatsuro

Thanks 10 years!  Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ec10years/