Re: fltk backend fix & mouse wheel scroll factor

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: fltk backend fix & mouse wheel scroll factor
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 17:42:47 -0400

On Sep 28, 2009, at 3:45 PM, Shai Ayal wrote:

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 27-Sep-2009, Shai Ayal wrote:

| The attached changset fixes a bug which did not show the zoom box.
| Also added a function to enable the user to control the zoom factor
| when using mouse wheel zoom.
|
| I think that with this changeset, the fltk_backend is quite usable as
| a viewer to the gl-renderer.

I applied it.  Zooming seems to work well for me now with either the
scroll wheel or the click and drag method.

| I am open to feature requests.

Just about zooming/rotating issues, or other things?  :-)

If we just had images working, then the fltk backend might be able to
run all the demos...

My problem right now is that I have only very short timeslots (~1
hour) for this, so I try to do small simple stuff. I'll have a look at
the image code (probably copy from jhandles as usual..) and see if it
fits the timeslot.

Shai

Is implementing the images in the gl renderer and harder than making a texture with the image on it as a very small negative z-depth, so that things plotted on top of it show up? If that is the case, then I may be able to take look at this.

John