Re: finally actually using gnulib

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: finally actually using gnulib
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:49:25 -0500

On 19-Nov-2009, Benjamin Lindner wrote:

| Benjamin Lindner wrote:
| >
| > Thanks for this hint.
| > This is probably the fastest way to get it testing.
|
| I am probably missing something trivial or simply doing something
| stupid.
|
| I downloaded a gnulib snapshot, and from a cloned hg repos, with
| john's patch imported, executed
|
| $ ./autogen.sh --gnulib-srcdir=/octmgw32/octave/gnulib
| generating source lists for liboctave/Makefile...
| vx-op-inc.mk is unchanged
| mx-op-inc.mk is unchanged
| smx-op-inc.mk is unchanged
| vx-op-src.mk is unchanged
| mx-op-src.mk is unchanged
| smx-op-src.mk is unchanged
| generating doc/interpreter/images.mk...
| images.mk is unchanged
| generating src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/module.mk...
| module.mk is unchanged
| bootstrapping...
| ./bootstrap: one of these is required: sha1sum gsha1sum

The sha1sum program is part of GNU coreutils.  But it looks like the
bootstrap script only uses it if there are .po files to update (we
don't have any), so I
don't think we really need it.  What happenss if you comment out the

  find_tool SHA1SUM sha1sum gsha1sum

line in the bootstrap script?  Does it work then?

Also, if you see a message about no libgnu/gnulib.mk file, you will
need to create a file called libgnu/Makefile.am with the contents

  include gnulib.mk

before running autogen.sh.  I think that filewas accidentally left out
of my previous patch.