Re: Print to PDF under Windows [changeset]

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Print to PDF under Windows [changeset]
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:42:29 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I have tested
http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net/development/binaries/
gp43-Nov21_2008-winbin.zip

The gnuplot.exe in this Package does not support pdfcairo.

However it does not any problem to make pdf file with out Ben's patch if the
location of gswin32c.exe
is included in the  PATH environmental variable.  The EXEC_PATH of octave add
the Octave related PATHs
to prior to the PATH environmental vairable.  I cannot find reason why full
path of ghostscript to be
gotten.

Without it, it works without problem.

BTW in the ghostscript manual it is written
**************
The actual executable files, in the gs#.##\bin subdirectory, are:

GSWIN32C.EXE Ghostscript as a command line Windows program. This is usually the
preferred executable.
GSWIN32.EXE 32-bit Ghostscript using its own window for commands
GSDLL32.DLL 32-bit dynamic link library containing most of Ghostscript's
functionality

I do not find any reason why we should use GSWIN32.EXE but not GSWIN32C.EXE.
Octave is win32 console
application so that  GSWIN32C.EXE is preferable, I think.
If we use GSWIN32.EXE, we see always GSWIN32.EXE execution flash at each pdf
creation. It would be
annoying, I think.

Regards

Tatsuro