Re: small graphics fixes

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: small graphics fixes
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:18:49 +0200

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Shai Ayal <address@hidden> wrote:
> I attach a changeset with 3 small changes:
> 1. typo fix
> 2. change rendering order in gl-renderer so that the list of children
> is drawn from end to start -- the first child in the list should  be
> on top of the others
> 3. change colorbar from an image to a surface. while using an image is
> more concise, using a surface has the advantage of working with the
> current gl-renderer, and with gl2ps, so that it will appear in the
> postscript output.
>
> I plan to begin indexed image support in the gl-renderer (but I'm
> afraid it will still have problems converting to postscript).
> Also, a lot of graphics scripts are not backend-agnostic and contain
> many gnuplot specifics -- most notably. print.m I think they should be
> seperated into backend specific and backend agnostic parts. I will try
> to do this myself, but any help would be appreciated.

I attach another small changeset which implements indexed images. Like
many other changes I submitted, this actually consisted of much
planning, followed by a lot of browsing through code to see how to do
it, and then finding out that Michael Goffioul already though of it
and I just have to use his functions :)
In this case, adding indexed image suppoert consisting of changing
just one line (actually just one word: cdata -> color_data)

Together with my previous changeset to colorbar, the colorbar demos
now work under fltk on-screen.

Shai