Color output for documentation eps images

From: Rik
Subject: Color output for documentation eps images
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:39:31 -0800

Ben,

The latest postscript documentation is built with black and white
images.  This is in contrast to either the pdf or the HTML documentation
which features color images.  With on-screen renderers, many people use
postscript for screen reading rather than ever printing out the files.
I think it would be better to include color images and let the user
decide to convert to monochrome during the print process if they so
desire.  (Who knows, perhaps they have a color printer?)

I can modify the XXXXimages.m scripts in the doc/interpreter directory
to add the option '-color' in every print call since this is safe for
the other formats, but I'm wondering if you were aware of an easier way
to set the default?  I suppose we could switch to using the 'epsc'
output device and then rename the resulting files.  Or maybe reconfigure
the script to do a check for the .eps type and set only the device to
'epsc' but leave the output filename ending as .eps.

Any thoughts,
Rik