Re: linestyleorder and scatter plots markerfacecolor and markeredgecolor

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: linestyleorder and scatter plots markerfacecolor and markeredgecolor properties
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 07:40:34 -0500

On Jan 19, 2010, at 8:55 PM, David Bateman wrote:

> Michael Goffioul wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 10:14 PM, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> For information here is a patch that I'm working on that does the following
>>>
>>> * It removes the "@" markers I recently added
>>> * It implements setting the linestyleorder with either a string or a string
>>> cell array
>>> * Adds an graphics property order_property to handle the above
>>>

>> [ sorry, I hit "Send" too fast]
>>
>> I'd rather see a more generic stringvector_property class that would
>> usable for other properties, e.g. tick labels. This can be changed later
>> on, but my idea is to make the property configurable:
>> - being able to specify the spliiter character
>> - being able to specify the default returned format:
>>       . default: returns the property value in the same format as it was set
>>       . string: returns always in string format
>>       . cellstr: returns always in cell array of strings format
>>
>> Michael.
>>

> The attached version implements it the way you want. I believe the
> linestyleorder property should always return a string however and so I forced
> it to do so even if a cell array is given to it. I pushed this to savannah
>
> D.

David, I'm seeing an error while running "rundemos plot"

        /Users/bpabbott/Development/mercurial/local_clone/scripts/plot/clabel.m
example 2: failed
        set: invalid value for radio property "linestyle"Press <enter> to
continue:

I'm seeing other problems as well, but they appear to be related to the
background color.

Ben