Re: Building for Microsoft Windows using MSYS

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: Building for Microsoft Windows using MSYS
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:27:24 +0100

Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
Hello

undefined reference to `_imp___ZNSt9exceptionD2Ev'
Magick++/lib/.libs/Exception.o:Exception.cpp:(.text+0x93): undefined

I have also met this problem.

http://old.nabble.com/undefined-reference-to-%60_imp___ZTVSt9bad_alloc-and-_imp___ZNSt9bad_allocD1Ev-to27337166.html

Thank you for your information to

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2836185&group_id=2435&atid=102435
Does the suggested solution in the bug tracker help you here?

I have a look into the above.

Is 'A workaround is to remove the decorations from those system headers.'
the suggested solution?

How can I stop decoration with __attribute__((dllimport)) only to

exception
bad_exception
bad_alloc
bad_cast
bad_typeid

by --D_GLIBCXX_DLL ?

Is something like

#ifdef _GLIBCXX_DLL
#undef _GLIBCXX_DLL throw std::exception();
#redef _GLIBCXX_DLL
#endif

modification of the source code required?

Sorry I wasn't being too clear. No as I interpret the suggestion in the bug tracker, it's to simply remove the "_GLIBCXX_IMPORT" decoration from the class definition in the headers exception, new, and typeinfo.
E.g. something like
sed -i -e "address@hidden address@hidden @g" /path/to/gcc/include/c++/exception
sed -i -e "address@hidden address@hidden @g" /path/to/gcc/include/c++/new
sed -i -e "address@hidden address@hidden @g" /path/to/gcc/include/c++/typeinfo