Re: conv2 performance

From: Lukas Reichlin
Subject: Re: conv2 performance
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:48:09 +0100

On 04.03.2010, at 01:17, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On  3-Mar-2010, Lukas Reichlin wrote:
>
> | > I would happily use a
> | > free software library with a GPL-compatible license to implement this
> | > function, but I don't know whether one is available.
> |
> | I don't know whether DE01OD or DE01PD do exactly what you want, but since
> SLICOT (www.slicot.org) is GPL 2, these two convolution routines might be of
> interest.
>
> Is it really distributed under the terms of GPLv2 only, or does the
> copyright statement include the "or any later version" clause?  The
> copy of the GPL that I found on www.slicot.org is GPLv3.
>
> It seems rather free-software-unfriendly to require registration to
> download anything from the www.slicot.org site...
>
> jwe

Yes, the registration thing is a bit unusual indeed.
For licensing issues, I recommend contacting the Slicot "librarian", Vasile
Sima (address@hidden). I asked him for permission to use some of their routines
in my control-oo package and I got a friendly admission. He just asked me to
include credits to Slicot. Therefore I don't expect any licensing problems
related to Octave ...

Regards,
Lukas