Re: safer way to use gnulib (for other MacOS X users)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: safer way to use gnulib (for other MacOS X users)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:31:24 -0400

On Wednesday, March 17, 2010, at 03:28PM, "Thomas Treichl" <address@hidden>
wrote:
>Am 16.03.10 23:38, schrieb Ben Abbott:

>>> Except for the one failure I always get with data.cc, all tests pass.

>>> OK, so now we finally have Octave+gnulib working on OS X, except that
>>> we need to do something about the possibility of sigemptyset and
>>> sigaddset being defined as preprocessor macros.
>>
>> I've attached a diff for others who may be building on MacOS X.
>>
>> Ben
>
>Hi Ben,
>
>I wasn't able to build a development snapshot for a very long time
>because of the gnulib problems. With your patch and a fresh gnulib
>checkout I get the following result on my 10.6 machine

>     FAIL      0
>
>So wow, thanks to all developers!
>
>   Thomas

Thomas,

I continue to encounter a failure in data.cc.

 121 >>>>> processing
/Users/bpabbott/Development/mercurial/local_clone/src/data.cc
 122   ***** assert(log2(complex(0,Inf)), Inf + log2(i));
 123 !!!!! test failed
 124 assert (log2 (complex (0, Inf)),Inf + log2 (i)) expected
 125 Inf + 2.266i
 126 but got
 127 Inf - NaNi
 128 NaNs don't match

Using Apple's gcc-4.2.1, I've not been able to resolve this by changing the
optimization setting. Which gcc are you using and what level of optimization?

Ben