Re: How to be involved in the octave project?

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: How to be involved in the octave project?
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 21:13:55 +0200

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Zhenyi Zhang <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am interested in open source project. I am good at C++ and .Net. Also, I'd
> like to enjoy the fun in algorithm design and implementation. May I ask if I
> can contribute my code to your octave project and how?
> Thanks a lot.
> Best wishes,
> Tony

Contributors are surely welcome. However, if you never used Octave,
you may have a hard time to start, because more complex contributions
typically require understanding how Octave works and how it's
typically used, in order to make correct decisions.

Pick something small for a start. It's good to start with bugs
(https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave), but you can also choose
something else. Get familiar with mercurial, check out the sources,
and happy hacking :)

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer