Re: building development tip with mingw32

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: building development tip with mingw32
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:25:18 +0200

1) shouldn't "isatty" comes with gnulib header? as in shouldn't
gnulib headers include io.h?

Apparently gnulib does not provide isatty().
Which gnulib header should be then included instead of <io.h> ?

2) shouldn't building C++ version of the octave scripts be done in
the automake way, using bin_PROGRAMS variable

I tried to do it the automake way as

bin_PROGRAMS = mkoctfile
mkoctfile_SOURCES = mkoctfile.cc

but I can then only do
 make mkoctfile.cc
 make mkocftile.o

and if I then call
 make mkoctfile.exe
make: *** No rule to make target `mkoctfile.exe'.  Stop.

no rule is generated in the makefile for mkoctfile$(EXEEXT)

so with my (limited) knowledge of automake this is as far as I got and then I reverted back to plain make.

benjamin