Tabs in ChangeLog files

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Tabs in ChangeLog files
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 01:25:11 -0400

On 23-Apr-2010, Rik wrote:

| I noticed that you went back and word-wrapped some of the recent ChangeLog
| entries.  I had lined up everything for an 80 column terminal, but I use
| tabstops at 3 spaces rather than the default 8.  I had forgotten that there
| were tabs in the ChangeLog file and inadvertently created some work for you.
|
| Is it worthwhile to get rid of tabs in the ChangeLogs as has been done for
| the C and .m files?

I thought maybe there would be a problem with the default Emacs
ChangeLog mode if spaces are used instead of tabs, but I'm not seeing
it now.  Will untabifying these files cause trouble for anyone?  Is
there any real advantage to removing the tabs.  I guess I don't care
too much about it as Emacs does the right thing for me when editing
these files, and it can still do the right thing if indenting with
spaces instead of tabs.