Re: Book project

From: Robert T. Short
Subject: Re: Book project
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:56:36 -0700

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
On 10 June 2010 19:54, Robert T. Short<address@hidden>  wrote:
I tried to pitch "Signal Processing and Communications using Octave" to a
few publishers.
Where is that book now? Or did you not even start to write it? Can
your work be salvaged for the basis of a new book? Can we self-publish
it or go through something like Network Theory or GNU, who print these
kinds of books?

I have a contract to do another book and that is taking all the time I have to work on such things. When that is done, I will get back to this one. I have some ideas that will make it more acceptable to publishers. I will definitely do the sigpro/comm book though, even if I have to self publish. Another issue is that having been published, it will be a lot easier to get published. The current contract is a direct result of some chapter contributions.

Might solicit coauthors or folks to write chapters. It will probably be near the end of the year though.

Bob