Re: mouse rotation for fltk backend

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: mouse rotation for fltk backend
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 07:18:15 -0700 (PDT)

On 19 Jul, 2010,at 09:05 AM, Kai Habel <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 19.07.2010 13:42, schrieb Ben Abbott:
On Jul 19, 2010, at 6:54 AM, Kai Habel wrote:

Am 19.07.2010 03:58, schrieb Ben Abbott:

On Jul 18, 2010, at 2:49 PM, Kai Habel wrote:

Dear all,

I have prepared a changeset which enables rotation of 3D(2D)-plots for
the fltk backend. To switch between pan and rotation respectively I have
added two buttons (P and R). It works very similar to the analog matlab
function.

To make it fully usable I have removed the zooming and panning limits in
axes::properties::zoom_about_point and axes::properties::translate_view.
Was there a specific reason to introduce them?

Kai
<mouse_rot.diff>

I applied the patch, and am now able to pan (by default), but I don't see the two buttons.

Where should be buttons be located?

Ben

p.s. I'm running MacOS X 10.6.4 with fltk-aqua 1.1.10.

The buttons should appear after the A|G buttons. The new layout should
be A|G|P|R|? .

Kai

I don't see any buttons. I ask where they are so that I try clicking in that vicinity .... maybe they're not visible, but active?

Ben

Ben,

I have attached a figure using the fltk-backend to give you a visual impression of the layout. Hope that helps.

Kai

<moz-screenshotpng>

Thanks!

When I plot I don't get the bar along the bottom of the plot, on which the buttons are place. In FLTK lingo what is the bar called?

Ben