Re: Timeline for 3.4 release?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Timeline for 3.4 release?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:42:48 -0400

On 17-Jul-2010, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:

| On 21 May 2010 16:46, Thomas Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
| > is there any timeline for the 3.4 release?
|
| Can I ask this question again? We have a segfault in the current
| Debian packaging that I can't reproduce in the development sources:
|
|      http://bugs.debian.org/589303
|
| Should we try to backport a fix from the development sources, or
| should we wait for a 3.4 release? Debian is probably very close to
| freezing its next release (small freezes have already occurred in some
| core system areas), so it would be nice to know what should we do
| concerning Octave for the next stable Debian release.

One thing that we wanted to get working before 3.4 was making legends
work with the fltk graphics backend.  Even if we add legends to the
fltk graphics backend, I don't think we should make it the default
yet.  Does printing work properly with it yet?

Except for some bugs, is there anything else that would prevent 3.4
from being released?

Which bugs should prevent the release from happening?  I don't think
it is realistic to try to fix all of the currently open reports in the
tracker, so we need to mark any important ones as "blocking" (or
similar) and not allow the release until those are fixed.

Other than these things, I'm OK with going forward with the 3.4
release now.