Speed improvements using nargout and isargout

From: Rik
Subject: Speed improvements using nargout and isargout
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 08:44:41 -0700

8/11/10

All,

I was able to achieve a 25% speed improvement in unique.m through not
calculating unwanted outputs.  While this is not an order of magnitude, I
also want to emphasize how easy it was.  I didn't need to develop a better
algorithm, nor re-code into C, C++, or Fortran.  I think nargout and
isargout should be in people's minds whenever they happen to be editing a
.m file.

Cheers,
Rik