Re: octave faq

From: David Grundberg
Subject: Re: octave faq
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 22:20:47 +0200

Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso skrev:
> On 31 August 2010 14:44, David Grundberg <address@hidden> wrote:
>> looked through my mail and wrote this:
>>
>> http://www.acc.umu.se/~individ/octave/faq.html
>
> You could add it here:
>
>      http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?CategoryFAQ

Yeah, I knew about that one, but I didn't even bother looking for it
since it was rather out of touch with reality last time I looked at it.
 (I mean, I haven't even seen the problems it's talking about.)  I guess
I could replace it.  Still I think we would all benefit from having
questions added to a place where people actually read it.

The current webpage FAQ (http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/FAQ.html) is
helpful but yet it doesn't really answer any of the questions we are
seeing today.  Some (or most) of it is kind of manual material too, and
doesn't have the nature of a mailing list FAQ.  It's very much like a
list of things "good to know", without any actual questions. :)  We need
something that A) is read by people joining the mailing list (i.e. easy
to find) and B) reflects what people frequently are asking about.  That
way we could help new users by publishing the common solutions, have
better quality of questions raised and be overall happier with our lives.

I'm totally signing up to correct that.  How do I change the webpage?

Grundberg