Re: PCRE library required to build Octave?

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: PCRE library required to build Octave?
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:15:55 -0700

On 09/14/2010 10:15 AM, Soren Hauberg wrote:
tir, 14 09 2010 kl. 12:42 -0400, skrev John W. Eaton:
> See the following bug report:
>
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?31025
>
> It seems that the PCRE library is required to build the Octave
> documentation.  Should we make that a requirement, or should we ensure
> that we avoid any dependency on features specific to PCRE in the
> Octave sources?
I seem to recall that the package manager also depends on PCRE (not
entirely sure, though), so I believe we also have a run-time requirement
for this library. So, I think we should just make PCRE a requirement for
Octave.

Soren

On this topic, the most recent TeX "releases" for Fedora are not
compatible with the Octave build.  Specifically, they have "lost"
texi2dvi.  There are 2 possibilities: by the time it matters they may
have recovered texi2dvi and included it, or it might make sense to
modify the Octave flow.  There are newer processors which avoid
the use of .dvi.

Michael