Re: Implementation of uimenu objects for fltk backend

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Implementation of uimenu objects for fltk backend
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 13:52:40 +0100

Hi Kai,

A few weeks ago, I've been working on the uicontrol implementation.
It's not completed yet, but I had to make some modifications to octave
code in order to support it in an efficient way. I also had (and still
have) to make some changes in the callback handling. One significant
change I made is to make use of the initialize/finalize/update methods
to control the graphic object creation/deletion, instead of doing all
the work in drawnow. I thought I'll let you know about it, in case you
had plan to work on this as well.

Just a remark about the implementation (if I understood it correctly):
isn't it overkill to recreate the whole menubar everytime something
changes?

Michael.