Re: Integration pkg algo replacement suggestion

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Integration pkg algo replacement suggestion
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:01:30 -0500

On 27 September 2010 16:05, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
> This might be a good idea, but this is an octave-forge package and not part
> of the octave core.  You should bring this to the attention of the Octave
> Forge maintainers.  According to the Bugs section of their website there is
> a mailing list to post to (http://octave.sourceforge.net/bugs.html).

No, no, that list is completely dead. The 'Forge in general needs
maintenance, and its mailing lists and webpages in particular.

I wish the separation between Forge and core could be blurred. It's
quite artificial. :-/ Indeed, to people who expect to use Octave like
they use Matlab, it's not just artificial, but alien, because it's not
the way Matlab handles toolboxes.