Re: AspectRatio Patches [changeset]

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: AspectRatio Patches [changeset]
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 18:34:05 -0500

On Dec 2, 2010, at 9:39 AM, Konstantinos Poulios wrote:

>> I've pushed both changesets.
>>
>> There's been a several changes to the backend in the last few weeks. There
>> are now some problems with the demos ...
>>
>>        rundemos plot
>>
>> ... the ones I've noticed are for "patch" and "isosurface". Demo 2 for
>> "hold" also looks like there is a problem.
>>
>> I mention this to enourage you to run the plot demos to make sure your
>> changesets don't break anything (which I don't think they have).
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ben
>
> it seems that there is a small bug in the daspect and pbaspect
> arguments handling. E.g.:
>
> octave:3> daspect([1,1])
> error: invalid value for array property "dataaspectratio"
> error: called from:
> error:   /opt/share/octave/3.3.54+/m/plot/daspect.m at line 68, column 9
>
> I would suggest something like the fix in the attached changeset.
>
> BR
>
> Kostas
> <daspect_pbaspect_input_length_2.changeset>

Does it make sense to set the 3rd element to unity each time, or to preserve he
existing value?

Specifically, how should pbaspect and daspect behave in the axes contains a 3D
plot and either aspect is set using a vector of length 2?

If the 3rd property value is to be preserved then I can push the attached.

Ben