Re: Bug in any on sparse boolean

From: Kim Hansen
Subject: Re: Bug in any on sparse boolean
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 00:12:42 +0100

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 01:08, Kim Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think I have found a bug that affects any() when used on sparse booleans:

I am not sure that it is any() that is the problem.

My guess is now that the error is somewhere in:
    template <class T>
    Sparse<T>::Sparse (const Array<T>& a, const idx_vector& r,
                   const idx_vector& c, octave_idx_type nr,
                   octave_idx_type nc, bool sum_terms,
                   octave_idx_type nzm)

I think this is an example of how to provoke the bug:

octave:1> sparse(1, 1:5, true, 1, 5)
ans =

Compressed Column Sparse (rows = 1, cols = 5, nnz = 5 [100%])

  (1, 1) ->  1
  (-1216302479, 2) ->  1
  (135704533, 3) ->  1
  (18, 4) ->  1
  (138870485, 5) ->  1

octave:2>

The bug is on trunk and I will keep searching for a solution.

--
Kim Hansen
Vadgårdsvej 3, 2.tv