Re: Colour scaling in imshow

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Colour scaling in imshow
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 08:37:38 +0100

tor, 20 01 2011 kl. 01:15 -0600, skrev Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso:
> I don't like what Matlab does here; I think Octave's way is better.
> Can someone convince me otherwise?

The behaviour you want is in the 'imagesc' function. 'image' is designed
to show images. These by definition have values that corresponds to
certain colours. For example, for uint8 0 corresponds to black and 255
to white. Similar, for double's we have 0 is black and 1 is white.
Violating this would make image processing practically impossible as you
would never know if you're image contains the pixels you are actually
looking at or if the plotting system somehow changed the pixel values
for you.

Søren