Re: Commonwealth spellings in documentation

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Commonwealth spellings in documentation
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 23:45:43 -0800

On 01/20/2011 11:11 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
Sorry I notice these things, feel free to ignore me...

- Jordi G. H.
Not to be ignored!  (Since I spent quite a long time in London,
I do understand the differences in language and spelling.)
But, right now the documentation is really in US English.
Adding a sprinkling of UK or Commonwealth would not
help much.  At some point it will be appropriate to  adopt
one of the multi-lingual systems.  Then you can choose UK
and others can choose what they want.  In the meantime
I think, unless you propose a complete switch to UK, we should
stick with US.  In any case there is a great deal to do to get the
substance right, which should take priority.

Jolly good idea, but...

Michael