classes with pointer data member

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: classes with pointer data member
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 02:50:00 -0500

On 21-Jan-2011, CdeMills wrote:

| enclosed a changeset to ensure all classes with data member have valid copy
| constructor/operator=
| - when there was already one of them, generating the second was easy
| - when there was none, I added a private prototype and no implementation, to
| avoid problems with dangling pointers / double free / etc

I applied the changes that added member initialization lists and
disallowed copying.

I'm not sure about what I want to do with the rest yet.  In some of
these cases, it might be better to disallow assignment instead of
defining assignment operators.

In the future, please sumbit these kinds of cleanup changes to the
patch tracker.

It helps if you limit each changeset to one type of cleanup instead of
lumping several together.

We don't indent with tabs in the Octave sources.  Please configure
your editor to insert spaces, not tabs.

Also, please take a look at the edits I made and try to follow the
prevailing style.

Thanks,