cs-list errors and Ghostscript warning when trying to print

From: Richard Campbell
Subject: cs-list errors and Ghostscript warning when trying to print
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 23:49:28 -0500

In my build of Octave 3.3.54 I get the following during 'make check'

Integrated test scripts:

invalid assignment to cs-list outside multiple assignment.

When I try to print, I get:

octave:2> print('-dpng','test.png')
warning: print.m: ghostscript not found in EXEC_PATH.
warning: print.m: Ghostscript binary is not available.
warning: print.m: epstool binary is not available.
warning: print.m: fig2dev binary is not available.
warning: print.m: pstoedit binary is not available.
error: invalid assignment to cs-list outside multiple assignment.
error: matrix cannot be indexed with {
error: evaluating argument list element number 3
error: called from:
error:   /Users/campbell/Downloads/octave-3.3.54/scripts/plot/print.m at line
377, column 9

The Ghostscript warning is confusing because I have libpng installed, and twice
during 'configure' it is stated that

configure: WARNING: I didn't find ghostscript, but it's only a problem if you
need to reconstruct figures for the manual

The build is as described earlier for Mac OSX with minimal dependencies.

Campbell