Re: 3.4 uploaded

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: 3.4 uploaded
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:38:51 -0600

On 9 February 2011 14:32, Michael D Godfrey <address@hidden> wrote:

> It (3.2.4) is the current  package for Fedora 14. RedHat Enterprise 5.6 is
> at 3.0.5.
> So users who are not willing or able to do their own installs from source
> are in the "extremely antiquated" class.  3.4 will be a big step forward for
> them!!

The rpm packaging seems to be really lagging. Are you able to do it
yourself? Quentin Spencer used to do it in past years, but he seems
gone since then. I've done a wee bit of rpm packaging at my dayjob, so
I could help a little with the rpm packaging... but I'm already busy
enough with the Debian packaging.

- Jordi G. H.