Re: Bug #32319

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Bug #32319
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 15:03:07 -0800

On 02/13/2011 01:27 PM, logari81 wrote:
On Sun, 2011-02-13 at 13:11 -0800, Michael D Godfrey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you want to push the changeset for this bug (your bug32319-1b.diff
> plus the Changelog entry)?
>
> Does it make sense to close this report and open a new one about
> plots not being refreshed, which I mentioned in my last comment on
> 32319?  Or,  do you already know why that is happening?
>
> Michael

hmm, I think we'd better wait for jwe's opinion about the patch. Maybe
he prefers to fix this bug making correct use of waitpid.

In any case I don't have any explanation about the refresh problem yet,
but it would probably be easy to fix if I would have a way to reproduce
it.

Kostas

Ok. I copied him to remind him to decide.  And, I think that the failure
to refresh the window is a separate problem.  Right now I was not able
to reproduce it in a simple example.  I suspect that it will depend on being
in an environment such that window refresh takes a long time.  So, it may
be hard to reproduce reliably.

So, you could end of forget it until I can come up with a good test
case.

Michael