Re: cs-list error with MacOS [was: Octave-3.3.55 and Octave-3.3.90 on OS

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: cs-list error with MacOS [was: Octave-3.3.55 and Octave-3.3.90 on OSX]
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 08:42:53 -0800 (PST)

During configure phase I don't obtain any special warning about missing
dependencies. I exported environnement variables following exactly the ones
proposed README.MacOsX. The only change I made was adding --disable-docs in
./configure options.

At build time the only warning is "‘__base_ctor ’ is deprecated (declared at
../liboctave/dim-vector.h:152)", and make check seems (I didn't watch very
deep) to pass at every stage with a few warnings.
I didn't try make install as it is said not to be supported in
README.MacOsX.

As an example:
./run-octave
octave:1> plot(1:10)
octave:2> print('-dpdf','lolo.pdf')
error: invalid assignment to cs-list outside multiple assignment
error: matrix cannot be indexed with {
error: evaluating argument list element number 3
error: called from:
error:   /Users/.../Desktop/octave-3.4.0/scripts/plot/print.m at line 390,
column 11

The example that was given previously in this thread also fails :

octave:3> info = struct (zeros (0, 1), {"name"});
octave:4> info(1,1).name = "foobar";
error: invalid assignment to cs-list outside multiple assignment