Re: 'm4/dos.m4' does not exist

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: 'm4/dos.m4' does not exist
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 20:52:05 +0000 (GMT)

On Mar 11, 2011, at 03:28 PM, "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden> wrote:

On 11-Mar-2011, bpabbott wrote:

| I assume gnulib/m4/dos.m4 is now gone correct?

Yes.

| But, is there a still a dos.m4 in your m4 directory? After the
| maintainer-clean, mine is gone.

No, I don't have a dos.m4 file anywhere in the source or build trees
now.

Did you do git pull in the gnulib directory then run make
maintainer-clean? If so, I think the problem could have been that
when you updated the gnulib directory, the dos.m4 file was removed,
then when you ran make maintainer-clean, there were changes that
required updating Makefiles, but that failed because there were
missing files. Maybe the problem would have been avoided if you did
the maintainer-clean step before updating.

jwe

Sounds right.

To fix it I ..

hg status | grep '^? ' | sed "s/^? /rm /g" | /bin/sh
hg pull ; hg update -C

... and now the build is proceeding as usual.

Ben