Re: policy for pushing changesets

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: policy for pushing changesets
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:07:21 -0400

On 11-Apr-2011, Ben Abbott wrote:

| I attempted to merge this Changeset.
|
|       hg update -C default
|       hg merge stable
|
|  and encounter conflicts with the ChangeLogs. I'm given the option of ...
|
| Choose Left
| Choose Right
| Choose Both (Left first)
| Choose Both (Right first)
| Choose Neither
|
| I'm inclined to think "neither" is the proper choice, but thought it best to
ask first.

I think the ChangeLog conflict happens because of the surrounding
context not matching.  But we do want the ChangeLog entry from the
patch that is applied to the stable branch to go into the default
branch when stable is merged to default.  On the latest merge that I
did, I fixed the problem by hand, ordering the entries by date and
then used "hg resolve" to mark the files as fixed and then committed.