Re: Separation into dock widgets

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Separation into dock widgets
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 04:40:27 -0500

On 30 April 2011 03:44, Jacob Dawid <address@hidden> wrote:
> I went ahead and did rand(10000, 10000) and it works flawlessly. There is no
> need to optimize unless there is a problem that requires it.

Now copy that around in memory many times and check your memory usage.
Also time it.

Like I've said before, Octave is precisely the kind of software where
very conceivable optimisation is worth it because people try to push
their hardware with it in order to solve the biggest problems they can
solve. Octave's source code is sometimes ugly because someone figured
out an optimisation that uglified the source code. Every possible
optimisation should also be done on the GUI, or if it turns out to be
slow or doesn't make optimal use of resources, our users will not like
it.

- Jordi G. H.