Re: mingw build?

From: Jussi Lehtola
Subject: Re: mingw build?
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 01:19:17 +0300

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 21:11:10 +0000 (UTC)
fork <address@hidden> wrote:
> On a sort of related note, maybe someone could put a build
> environment on github or savannah so us newbie hackers might try our
> hand at making a windows build ourselves?  As it is, I have no idea
> where to even start.

FYI, if you're running Fedora then you can install a fully working
mingw system with yum, which AFAIK can be used to create installable
packages on Windows. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW for more
info.

You'll still have to deal with the dependencies, since they don't seem
to be packaged. Still, this probably beats working on Windows.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor